INDI Server for OS X
The INDI library is an open source project released under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
and available from
It is also available as a binary package for all major Linux distributions and you can build it yourself
on OS X as well. Nevertheless, it is not so easy to do and if you don't have necessary
development environment on your Intel Mac you can use our binary package:
download application on disc image to any convenient location, double-click the disc image to mount it,
drag & drop the INDI Server icon to the Applications folder to install the server, the drivers,
the supporting libraries and the server GUI to your machine, open the Applications folder, find and
execute the INDI Server application to start the server,
add, remove or reload any available driver directly from the INDI Server application by clicking
buttons on the bottom side of the window,
use your favorite INDI client, point it to the default INDI port on your server machine and use it as usual,
quit the INDI Server application to stop the server.
This binary package is based on INDI 1.4 and contains INDI Server GUI with Bonjour support to allow automatic
discovery by INDI clients.
The following drivers are included in this build:
- Telescope mounts: Telescope Simulator, Telescope Scripting Gateway, LX200 Basic, LX200 GPS, LX200 Autostar, LX200 Classic, LX200 16, LX200 Astro-Physics,
LX90, ETX90, ETX105, ETX125, Celestron GPS, Celestron NexStar, Astro-Electronic FS-2, Orion Atlas, Sky Scan, Losmandy Gemini, Mel Bartels,
Temma Takahashi, Sky Commander, Argo Navis, Intelliscope, SkyWizard, EQMod/EQDir mounts, SynScan, SkySensor2000PC, Magellan, iEQ45 Pro, CEM60,
ZEQ25, SmartEQ, Pulsar2, Skywatcher API Mount
- CCDs: CCD Simulator, Atik GP, Atik Titan, Atik 3xx/4xx/One, Atik VS, Atik Infinity, StarlightXpress USB cameras, ASI cameras, QSI cameras,
FLI cameras, SBIG cameras (you have to install system driver first), QHY5 and Orion SSAG
- Focusers: Focuser Simulator, RoboFocus, Rigelsys usb-nFOCUS, MoonLite, Baader SteelDrive, SmartFocus, Optec TCF-S, Optec TCF-S3, FocusLynx,
PerfectStar, Shoestring Astronomy FCUSB, USB Focus v3, FLI focusers, Microtouch focuser, HitecAstro DC
- Filter wheels: Filter Simulator, TruTech Wheel, XAGYL Wheel, ATIK EFW2, SX USB filter wheel, SX mini wheel, FLI filter wheels, ASI EFW, Optec IFW, Qantum Wheel
- Other devices: GPS Simulator, Dome Simulator, Dome Scripting Gateway, RollOff Simulator, WatchDog, Baader Dome, MaxDome II, Flip Flat, Flip Man, STAR2000,
Vantage Weather, AAG Cloud Watcher, SpectraCyber, SX AO, Imager Agent
This build doesn't contain linux-specific (e.g. DMK CCD, V4L2 CCD, Joystick) and not-working (e.g. QHY CCD) drivers.
As far as INDI is an open source project, not all drivers are tested and supported by CloudMakers. To run INDI Server you need Apple Mac
running OS X 10.8 or later.
If you will have any problem with some of our products do not hesitate to contact us on
users group forum
You may be also interested in the INDI Control Panel application to read
or set device properties.
Read more »
For INDI Server you also need some INDI client, maybe look at our image capture application.
Read more »
INDI Server for OS X is a free software but if you find it useful you can make a donation at your own
discretion to support its further development. Thank you...