INDIGO is a system of standards and frameworks for multiplatform and distributed astronomy software development
released under user and vendor friendly license. Source code and binary packages for many Linux distributions and
also some ASCOM client drivers are available from
INDIGO Initiative page.
INDIGO Server is a server part of INDIGO framework wrapped into macOS GUI. It is INDIGO based replacement for
Even if it can be used separately, it are meant to work together and with other astronomy and
astrophotography tools for macOS or iOS provided by CloudMakers and other vendors, like AstroImager, AstroGuider, AstroDSLR,
AstroTelescope, INDIGO Control Panel, FITS Preview, iINDI or NightSky Toolbox, etc.
It can control many devices supported by built-in INDIGO drivers.
Out-of-the-box it contains INDIGO drivers for the following devices:
- Simulator drivers,
- Atik CCD driver (Titan, 3xx/4xx/One/16200, VS/Infinity, 11000/4000, Horizon) and EFW2/3 filter wheel drivers,
- StarlightXpress CCD and filter wheel drivers,
- SSAG/QHY5 CCD driver,
- Moravian Instruments CCD and wheel drivers,
- ZWO ASI CCD, filter wheel, focuser and USB-ST4 guider drivers,
- IIDC CCD driver (compatible USB 2.0+ or FireWire cameras, including Atik GP),
- FLI CCD, filter wheel driver and focuser drivers,
- SBIG CCD and filter wheel drivers (vendor SDK must be installed),
- Meade DSI CCD driver (experimental, unstable),
- QSI CCD driver (experimental, unstable),
- QHY CCD driver (experimental, unstable),
- AltairAstro CCD driver,
- ToupTek CCD driver,
- PTP-over-USB DSLR driver,
- EQMac driver,
- LX200 compatible mount driver,
- NexStart compatible mount driver,
- Takahashi Temma mount driver,
- SynScan/EQDir mount driver,
- iOptron mount driver,
- Shoestring FCUSB focuser driver,
- USB_Focus V3 focuser driver,
- Moonlite focuser driver,
- PegasusAstro DMFC focuser driver,
- NStep focuser driver,
- NFocus focuser driver,
- Optec TCF-S focuser driver,
- Deep Sky Dad AF1/AF2 focuser driver,
- Baader Planetarium SteelDrive II focuser driver,
- MJKZZ macro rail focuser driver,
- WeMacro macro rail focuser driver,
- Quantum wheel driver,
- Optec wheel driver,
- TruTek wheel driver,
- Xagyl wheel driver,
- XGUSBST4 guider driver,
- HID Joystick AUX driver,
- NMEA GPS driver,
- Artesky flatbox driver,
- Pegasus Astro FlatMaster driver,
- PegasusAstro Ultimate Powerbox driver,
- PegasusAstro Pocket Powerbox driver,
- Shoestring GPUSB guider driver,
- Shoestring DSUSB remote shutter driver,
- Unihedron SQM sky quality meter driver,
- USB devpoint driver,
- NexDome driver,
- RTS-on-COM remote shutter driver.
Some more drivers are under development and will be available soon.
To run INDIGO Server you need Apple Mac running macOS El Capitan or later.
You can read Getting Started
to learn more and if you will have any problem with
some of our products do not hesitate to contact us on
users group forum.
You may be also interested in the INDIGO Control Panel application to read
or set device properties.
Read more »
For INDIGO Server you also need some INDIGO client, maybe look at our image capture application.
Read more »
INDIGO Server is a free software but if you find it useful you can make a donation at your own
discretion to support its further development. Thank you...