INDIGO is a system of standards and frameworks for multiplatform and distributed astronomy software development
released under user and vendor friendly license. Source code and binary packages for many Linux distributions and
also some ASCOM client drivers are available from
INDIGO Initiative page.
INDIGO Server is a server part of INDIGO framework wrapped into macOS GUI. It is INDIGO based replacement for
Even if it can be used separately, it are meant to work together and with other astronomy and
astrophotography tools for macOS or iOS provided by CloudMakers and other vendors, like AstroImager, AstroGuider, AstroDSLR,
AstroTelescope, INDIGO Control Panel, FITS Preview, iINDI or NightSky Toolbox, etc.
It can control many devices supported by built-in INDIGO drivers.
Out-of-the-box it contains INDIGO drivers for the following devices:
- CCD, focuser, wheel, rotator, mount, gps and dome simulator drivers,
- Atik CCD and wheel drivers,
- ZWO ASI CCD, wheel, focuser and guider drivers (doesn't work with non-S ASI120MM/MC),
- IIDC CCD driver (both USB and FireWire cameras),
- QHY CCD and filter wheel drivers,
- SBIG CCD and filter wheel driver,
- Meade DSI CCD driver,
- Orion SSAG/QHY5 CCD driver,
- StarlightXpress CCD, wheel and AO drivers,
- QSI CCD and wheel driver,
- FLI CCD, wheel and focuser driver,
- Apogee CCD driver,
- Moravian Instruments CCD and wheel driver,
- ToupTek CCD driver,
- AltairAstro CCD driver,
- UVC (USB Video Class, e.g. SVBONY SV205) CCD driver,
- PTP-over-USB CCD driver for Canon, Nikon and Sony Alpha cameras,
- Trutek (TruTech) wheel driver (untested),
- Brightstar Quantum wheel driver (untested),
- Xagyl wheel driver (untested),
- Optec wheel driver (untested),
- Manual filter wheel driver,
- EQMac guider driver (obsoleted on macOS Mojave),
- CG-USB-ST4 driver,
- Shoestring GPUSB, FCUSB and DSUSB drivers,
- Focuser USB v3 driver,
- WeMacro Rail USB and BT drivers,
- MJKZZ macro rail USB and BT drivers,
- PegasusAstro DMFC, UPB, PPB and FlatMaster drivers,
- RigelSys nSTEP and nFOCUS drives,
- MoonLite focuser driver,
- Optec focuser driver (untested),
- LakesideAstro focuser driver (untested),
- Deep Sky Dad AF1, AF2 and AF3 focuser driver,
- Baader Planetarium SteelDrive II focuser and Classic dome drivers,
- AstroGadget FocusDreamPro focuser driver,
- Lunatico Limpet/Armadillo/Platypus Focuser/Rotator/Powerbox drivers,
- PlaneWave/Celestron focuser driver,
- LX200 mount driver (supports Meade, AvalonGo, Losmandy Gemini, 10micron, EQMac, Astro-Physics GTO and OnStep dialects),
- NexStar mount driver (supports Celestron and Skywatcher dialects),
- Takahashi Temma mount driver,
- iOptron Mount driver,
- SynScan/EQDir mount driver,
- ExploreScientific PCM8 mount controller driver,
- Generic NMEA 0183 GPS driver,
- GPS Service Daemon (GPSD) client driver,
- HID Joystick driver,
- RTS-on-COM shutter driver,
- Unihedron SQM sky quality meter driver,
- Artesky flatbox driver,
- Lacerta Flat Box Controller driver,
- Optec Flip-Flat driver,
- USB_Dewpoint V1 and V2 driver,
- Lunatico AAG CloudWatcher driver,
- Lunatico Astronomia Dragonfly Dome and Relay controller drivers,
- Astromi.ch MGBox v1/v2, MBox, MGPBox and PBox driver,
- NexDome Dome driver (based on G.Rozema's firmware),
- NexDome Dome driver (requires firmware v.3.0.0 or newer),
- Modernised 2-m Class Zeiss Telescope Systems (ASCOL).
Some more drivers are under development and will be available soon.
To run INDIGO Server you need Apple Mac running macOS Sierra or later.
You can read Getting Started
to learn more and if you will have any problem with
some of our products do not hesitate to contact us on
users group forum.
You may be also interested in the INDIGO Control Panel application to read
or set device properties.
Read more »
For INDIGO Server you also need some INDIGO client, maybe look at our image capture application.
Read more »
INDIGO Server is a free software but if you find it useful you can make a donation at your own
discretion to support its further development. Thank you...